Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm freakin sleeeeeeeepy

Where do I WISH I was right now??? Fucking Comic-Con....That's where.

G4 Network is sponsoring Comic-Con all week long, and I sit and watch jealously as I writhe and twist and turn. What-the-fuck-EVER. Psssssh.

I ate WAY too much at Chili's. I am in love with the salmon there, and the baby back ribs, and now I feel like I'm going to puke "love" all over the place. I think I overdid it by asking for a coffee to go with all that. Blech.

My kids are all sleeping in the living room tonight, sprawled out on the floor watching Drillbit Taylor. Good fucking movie. Really funny. We saw it at the movie theater when it first came out, and I didn't expect it to be as funny as it was, so I had to buy it when it came out on video.

Snookms B-day is coming August 7, and I'm still not quite sure what to get him yet. My dad was at the pawn shop on 10th Street today, and called me to tell me that they had a Jackson Flying V for sale there. In mint condition and will take 300 for it. So I'm kinda thinking about getting that for him. He's already got 2 Jacksons to boot, but there not flying v's, and I know deep down he's always wanted one, no matter HOW MUCH he tries to deny his "Testament" and "Sacred Reich" roots. I've always wanted to play one too. Only problem is that you can't really play em sitting down due to the shape factor. But that's minor. I dunno. We'll see. I also want to get him the Avatar box set, because he's totally into Avatar (yes, the Nick cartoon, but fuck you, it's bad ass) and has gotten me hooked too. We had to take a 2 hour break at Holiday Inn just so we could watch the Avatar movie they were premiering on Nick that night. It was fucking awesome. Way worth missing out on tan, blonde, big tittied lifeguards and neverending waterslides for 2 hours. For real.

It's funny how many fucking birthdays we have to deal with in August. Mine, my son David's, my brother Eric's, and then of course Snookms. I will be turning 33 on August 1st. I can't believe how fast time goes by. And it only goes by quicker as the years pass. Fucking amazing. I lost count of how old I was after 30. I don't feel old or anything, but birthdays are just somehow different once you turn the big "3-0". Again, I don't feel old, or think it's an old age, I just have this mentality that old is as old does. If you're 100, but you feel 20, well then shit. You ain't old. If you're 12 and feel 80, vice versa. Most people that meet me don't believe me when I say that I have 3 kids, and when they see that I have a 12 year old, an 11 year old, and an 8 year old, they REALLY don't believe me. I think it's mostly because I'm short, and dress like a 12 year old boy who can't make up his mind if he's goth or punk, but sometimes I like to think it has something to do with other things. :)

My mom usually looks pretty fucking young too. She's in her mid 50's....



I hope I look as good as she does when I'm 50. Doubtful. Very doubtful.

My dad is pretty much the same way, but he has some gray in his ponytail and beard, which gives his age away quicker than he'd like. He's still quite the looker for an "old fart" though.

But enough about that. What about me? What's everyone going to get me for my birthday??? I've been whining for the Carnivale Box Set for 2 years now, but nobody's got it for me. My dad totally got me into the show when it was still airing on H.B.O., but by the time I subscribed to H.B.O., they only had the second season on demand. So my experience was comparable to blue balls. I'm thinkin that if I get any birthday cash, that that is what I'm going to put the funds towards. I just can't live without dear ol' Samson. I love his little one-liners.

I also wanted this awesome Mongoose at fucking WALMART of all places, but it has mag-wheels, which I love me the shit out of, so it could've come from Satan himself, and I still would've wanted that bike. It's frame is white with brown accents, and not bad for 100 fat ones. I hope someone gets it for me. Either that, or some roller skates with heavy duty knee and elbow pads. Otherwise I'll be fucked. Oh, and an Ipod or mp3 player. With lotsa death metal, thrash, and 8-bit already downloaded onto it. Hopefully it'll be Black Dahlia Murder and Depreciation Guild. And some 80's shit. Gotta have muh 80's muzak. Where the fuck would I be without Joy Division?

So how 'bout some birthday love?

No comments: